Across food and Medical industry Small refrigeration units are very popular and important. If unit is breakdown in an unexpected time, then you have to face profit loss along with the repair cost. Mostly the reason for failure is lack of proper maintenance.
To achieve the reliable and uninterrupted operation follow the following tips
- Before starting the refrigeration unit make sure that the crankcase heater be energized at least eight hours minimize refrigerant migration foaming of the oils and the resulting immediate compressor failure.
- Manually check out and calibrate the basic parts such as safety controls and expansion values
- All electrical and mechanical equipment’s should be checked visually for any damages and wear outs.
- Measure the oil levels in the unit and check out the quality. If oil is low in level or damaged in quality replace with new oil.
- Check the motor magnetic starter and ensure the safe starting the unit
- Visually inspect all electrical terminals and ensure it was on proper tight.
- Examine the over load protection on the unit
- Check and clean the condenser from dirt and dusts.
- Check the system for the presence of moisture, if so install the filter dryers
- Take preventive actions to avoid moisture