Air conditioning can be damaged by cold weather, even if it is turned off. Low temperatures can be punished for minor mistakes when installing the air conditioner adversely affect the materials, parts and components of the device. For the conservation of the air conditioner can contact a service technician cents, or carry out the procedure themselves.
Usually action include three main stages:
- Transfer the refrigerant in the outdoor unit to avoid its losses through loose connections outer Freon line
- Blocking the possibility of including the air conditioner to avoid accidental start-up
- Fencing outdoor unit when there is a risk of damage by ice or falling icicles
In preparation for winter air conditioning service technicians can be done and a professional cleaning air conditioning, it’s generally, it should be done at least once a year.
- Disconnect the power supply
- Clean the air conditioner with a damp and then a dry cloth (in those places where it can be done)
- Clear filters from contamination
- Be sure to dry the air conditioner (it will turn out, if you include the heating mode, if available, for 30-40 minutes, and then the ventilation mode for another half an hour, or just for a longer period including ventilation)
- Carefully clean debris from all kinds indoor and outdoor unit
- Clear off any snow or ice that may accumulate on the unit throughout the winter months.
Dry the air conditioner after a season of work before sending it in “hibernation”, be sure to do – or the winter inside the device might be mold, when you turn on the unpleasant odor in the Living space spread disease-causing bacteria, mold spores.